Submit an Online Police Report
IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY CALL 9-1-1
Welcome to the City of Troy NY Online Crime Reporting System. Using this system allows you to submit a report immediately.
Please confirm the following to find out if filing a report online is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Troy NY city limits?
- There are no known suspects?
- Are you at least 18 years of age and have a valid email address?
- The incident DOES NOT include any of the following:
(For the incidents listed, you must call 518-270-4411 to file your report.)
- Crimes with known suspect information
- Violent crime or crime involving weapons (assault, kidnapping, robbery)
- Stolen vehicle (Theft of vehicle, trailer, motorcycle)
- Lost/Stolen firearm, motor vehicle, license plate or hazardous material
- Domestic violence
If you answered YES to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. If you answered NO to any of the questions, please look at our Frequently Asked Questions.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Submit Police Report
The City of Troy NY Online Crime Reporting System allows you to report the following past crimes:
Click on a report type to begin